Thursday, November 8, 2012

Yarn Wrapped Letter Decoration


We are anticipating the arrival of our second little one at the end of December. As part of the process we are moving the baby furniture from my daughter's room into the baby's room and recreating her room to a "big girl" room.
One of my projects is this yarn wrapped wooden letter for her door.
I started with a wooden letter from the craft store and chose a fun pink yarn to complement the new colors in her room.


I used a little hot glue to secure the end of the yarn before I began wrapping. First I wrapped the letter vertically. Make sure to wrap as tight as possible so most of the wood will be covered by the end.



Then I wrapped the letter horizontally to cover the remaining bare edges.



To add a little more girly-ness I crocheted a few flowers and glued them on. If you don't crochet, you could use fabric or premade flowers or even buttons.


I used a small piece of satin ribbon on the top and a command hook to hang the finished letter on my daughter's bedroom door.





Here is a picture of the finished product on her door. I hope she likes it!






2 comments:

  1. Love it! Perfect for a link up, lady! How can I show you how?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project !

    I would love you to come and share it at my Craft, Create & Inspire Linky party

    http://polkadotpretties.com/2012/11/craft-create-inspire-linky-party-5/

    Hope to see you there:)

    Claire@ Polkadot pretties x

    ReplyDelete