Thursday, December 6, 2012

Felt Christmas Tree

Christmas came early at my house this year. A new camera just for me! (well I guess I have to share it with my husband :) ) To test it out I decided to share the felt Christmas tree I made with my daughter this year. I have heard that it discourages toddlers from taking ornaments off the real tree, but that is not the case at our house. My 2 year old's favorite thing to do is let me put all the felt ornaments on the tree so she can take them all off :)

We are using the ornaments as an advent calendar/countdown to Christmas tool. I followed the instructions for this tree here.

I used about half a yard or green felt from the craft store and cut out the shape of a tree. I used a small piece of yellow for the star and a small piece of brown for the trunk.


 Since we are using it to countdown to Christmas I needed 25 ornaments. I bought a pack of a few pre-cut felt ornaments to assemble. But I must admit we had more fun with the ones we designed ourselves :)




I was able to use scrap felt and embellishments that I already had in my craft drawers to create the rest of the ornaments we needed. I think the puff paint and google eyes are our favorite!



Because the ornaments are made of felt, they 'stick' to the felt tree without any adhesive. Here is the finished tree with all the ornaments. 





Check out more great holiday craft ideas at eyesonthesource.com. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: